Designed by Alfred Giles and built in 1879 with later additions for Captain Charles Schreiner. Expert masons and stone carvers were brought from Germany to do the intricate design work on the exterior. The parquet floor is made of eight different hardwoods. After Captain Charles Schreiner died in 1927, it was sold to the Masons to be used for their Temple. The first floor housed the public library from 1941-1958, and was later operated as the Hill Country Museum. Now under the care of the Cailloux Foundation it serves as a historical home and event space.