227 - 229 Earl Garrett was built in 1900 the ground floor and basement were operated the General Store and Saddle Shop from 1907-1945. The Barnetts lived on the second floor and ran an 8-room boarding house there. The Wolfmueller family ran a men's clothing store in the building from 1956-1994. Is currently now houses retail on the ground floor and offices above. The covered balcony was added in 2001.