Built 1887 in by W.B. Davies for Robert Guthrie who published the Kerrville Eye newspaper. The Paper was originally owned by Ed Smallwood from 1888-1889 and bought by J.E. Grinstead who renamed it the Kerrville Mountain Sun in 1898. Tenants included the Guthrie Hotel, Kerrville City Hall on the second floor from 1910-1937, and Wheelus Photographic Studios. Was restored in 1981 and is a recorded Texas Landmark.