Constructed in 1909 by Davey & Schott for Captain Charles Schreiner. The first occupant was William Boeckmann and Co, who opened and operated a recreation hall and designed to be a high-class place of resort and innocent amusement. Later became the home of A.E. Self's businesses that included jewelry, optometry, and film processing from 1919 to 1938. Renovated in 1999 it has been home to many small businesses and non-profits.